Key benefits of interior shutters
Interior shutters can add a very cosy, modern and timeless look to your home. Here are some features and benefits of shutters and just a few reasons on why they have become such a popular addition to Australian homes.
- Interior shutters are a permanent addition to your home, unlike many other treatments which must be periodically replaced.
- In rooms that you wish to darken, shutters block out more light than most other window coverings.
- Light can be filtered in different ways by rotating louvers to various angles.
- Quality window shutters can increase a home’s resale value.
- Shutters can also minimise allergens with solid surfaces where dust can’t linger and easily wipe clean, unlike soft window treatments.
- Shutters keep house cooler in summer by deflecting direct sunlight.
- Wood shutters keep the house warmer in winter by providing additional insulation to the window.
- For a economic reason, shutters can help reduce your utility bills
- Shutters look beautiful from the outside as well as the inside of the home.
- Shutters don’t fade to the extent of drapes, shades, or curtains.
- Shutters are durable to withstand regular daily use in residential or commercial environments.
- Interior shutters are available in an endless number of paint or stain colours to match the existing décor.
- Adverse to trends, shutters have been consistently used for decades without looking dated.
- Shutters appear upscale with a price tag lower than many designer draperies
- Shutters can be installed to cover only the bottom of a window (café style).
- They’re green! Wood shutters are naturally constructed from sustainable woods, like basswood.
- A large variety of panel configurations allow shutters to be installed on almost any window size or shape.
- Shutters are hinged in the window opening so they can be opened for maximum access to the window.
- Interior shutters are versatile enough to fit in any décor, from ultra-modern to traditional to transitional. Craftsman, modern or traditional.
- Louvers may be opened slightly to achieve privacy while simultaneously allowing natural light is able to enter the room.
- Interior shutters are absent of strings and cords which can be dangerous for children.
- The life expectancy of shutters far exceeds any other window treatment
If you would like a free measure and quote to fit your home with some stunning shutters, contact your local Andersens store today and take advantage of their interest free offer, buy now pay later.